On December 18th, a ton of pet bloggers shared a glimpse into their lives in the Meet the Bloggers blog hop. I was just returning from the madness that was finals and traveling home for the holidays, so I missed out on the original fun, but after seeing that other bloggers were still joining in, I wanted to do the same! After all, so many of you shared info about yourselves so I figure it is my turn to share some about me! So forgive me for being late, but I hope you enjoy some of my fun facts!
The rules are simple:
Include a recent picture of yourself.
Sam actually snapped this picture of Duke and I the other day & I love it. It was a snowy day outside so we just spent the day cuddling inside playing with Sam’s new camera.
For those of you who have been reading for a while, you may have noticed our couch recently changed colors from white to navy. After having enough muddy paw prints on our white couch, we recently bought a new, navy slipcover. Ironically, it gets just as nasty but we’re hoping it will wash better.
On December 18th, publish a post answering at least five (and feel free to answer more!) of the following questions.
- What’s your favorite non-animal related book?
I’m in grad school right now, so I don’t even remember the last time I read a book for pleasure. So I’d have to say my favorite books right now are some of my course materials. I’m really enjoying my program and love reading up on everything I can related to my future profession.
- What’s your favorite non-animal related movie?
Okay, here’s my big confession. I’m not a movie fan. I don’t really have the attention span to sit somewhere for two hours and watch a movie. As such, I don’t see a lot. Sometimes, I enjoy cuddling up with my boys and watching a movie, but I usually fall asleep half way through. The last movie we watched was Christmas Vacation and that was fun until I fell asleep.
- Who’s your favorite actor?
Right now we’re loving Modern Family, so if I had to pick, I’d pick all of them!
- What makes you feel fabulous?
– Being really productive. If there’s a day I can get all of my errands done, clean the house, play with Duke, and make a great dinner then that is a fabulous day.
– I also enjoy completing things I didn’t know if I could do. Whether it is a big paper or running a bit longer on the treadmill, when I do something challenging, I feel so good about it.
– I also feel fabulous when I stop to count my blessings. I have a wonderful family, both in Sam and Duke, and our extended families. I am lucky to be attending graduate school where I do and entering a profession I am excited about. I’m also grateful that so many other people think Duke is as cute as I do and share in my love for him!
- What do you wish you were more skilled at?
– I wish I knew more about how to transition Life with Duke off of wordpress.com and up to a “big boy” self hosted blog.
- What is your favorite holiday?
Fourth of July. It isn’t a common favorite holiday, but I love how there are no expectations of gifts or spending tons of money throwing an elaborate dinner for 30. On Fourth of July, everyone gets together and enjoys some backyard food, fireworks, the beautiful weather (unless you’re in Boston and then maybe you have a thunderstorm during the fireworks – true story), and each other.
- Favorite meal?
My grandpa’s spaghetti and meatballs. Hands down, delicious.
- What do you like to do in your free time?
It feels like free time is quite limited in my graduate program, but I think it is just that I fill my free time quickly. Most of my free time is spent cuddling with Duke, spending time with Sam, blogging, or taking care of household chores. On the weekends, I just enjoy my boys and our little family. In the winter, we like to play in the snow in our free time though!
- What one word would people who know you use to describe you?
This is hard, but someone would probably say organized. I am very organized, or at least try to be. If you come over mid-week, the place is a mess. But every weekend, things go back to their homes. I like things color coordinated, sorted, labeled, the whole shebang.
- What is one thing you’ve done that you’re most proud of?
Other than adopting Duke? 😉 I’d have to say getting into my graduate program. I am so lucky to have the opportunities that I have been provided at my school including amazing professors and colleagues, and plenty of hands on experience. I’m also very proud of the life that Sam & I have started for ourselves.
- If you could change one thing about your life what would it be?
I wish that my family and Sam’s family didn’t love on opposite sides of the country!
- Other than blogging, what are three things you do that bring you joy?
– Spending quality time with Sam
– My career (or soon to be career)
– Cleaning and organizing (Is that sad? I hope not.)
- What’s one thing you could do to be more kind to yourself?
Exercise more often! Being kind to myself means keeping myself in shape and healthy too!
I hope you had fun learning a bit more about me! I sure enjoyed getting to know you all!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…